Allison Block-Chavez, is a partner and attorney at Aldridge, Hammar & Wexler, PA. Her law practice focuses on fiduciary services, adult guardianships and conservatorships, estate planning, probate matters, real estate, and creditors’ rights.
Allison was admitted to the State Bar of New Mexico in September, 2014 and served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Chief Judge Michael E. Vigil of the New Mexico Court of Appeals from 2014 until 2015. She received her Juris Doctorate from the University of New Mexico School of Law and her Master of Business Administration from the University of New Mexico Anderson School of Management.
As a student at the University of New Mexico School of Law, Allison founded and served as the president of the UNM Law Women’s Golf Association, which aims to teach women how to play golf so that they can foster relationships on the golf course enabling them to further succeed in the law. She also served as the Vice President of Community Affairs for the Mexican-American Law Student Association and was the Student Articles Editor of the New Mexico Law Review.
Prior to law school, Allison served as a legislative correspondent in former U.S. Senator Jeff Bingaman’s Washington, D.C. office and taught English in Mexico City and Hunan, China.
COURT ADMISSIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of New Mexico Young Lawyers Division, Chair 2019-2020
- State Bar of New Mexico Board of Bar Commissioners, Commissioner 2020
- State Bar of New Mexico Elder Law Committee, Director 2016-2019
- State Bar of New Mexico Committee on Diversity in the Legal Profession, Member
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Center for Guardianship Certification, Certified Guardian
- New Mexico Guardianship Association, Member
- American Bar Association House of Delegates, New Mexico Young Lawyer Delegate, 2016-present
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Business Law Committee, Former Member
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Elder Law Committee, Former Member
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2014
New Mexico Law Review, Student Articles Editor
Faculty Award for Excellence in Corporate and Business Law
- University of New Mexico Anderson School of Management, Master of Business Administration, May 2015
- University of New Mexico, Bachelor of Arts in Art History and Spanish, July 2004
HONORS, AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, selected as a Southwest Rising Star, 2022
- New Mexico Business First 40 Under Forty Honoree, 2020
- Non-Law Firm Real Property Careers, ABA YLD Real Property, Trusts and Estates Committee, June 8, 2017, Nationwide teleconference.
- Advance Care Planning: Your Decisions Matters presentation, Elder Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico, National Health Care Decisions Day, April 21, 2017, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Adult Guardianships 101: Role and Responsibility of the Petitioning Attorney CLE, Elder Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico, 2016 Annual Meeting – New Mexico Bench and Bar Conference, August 20, 2016, Santa Fe, New Mexico.