Kevin D. Hammar
Kevin D. Hammar has been practicing law in the firm since graduating from law school in 1984. Prior to law school, he served eight years of active duty in the U.S. Navy where he was a Surface Warfare Officer and a Deep Sea Diving Officer. He retired from the Navy Reserve as a Captain.
His law practice focuses on credit union representation, real estate, creditors' rights, guardianships and conservatorships, wills, trusts, and probate.
He has extensive litigation experience in New Mexico state courts, including the appellate courts and the Federal District Court and Bankruptcy Court.
COURT ADMISSIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, 10th and Federal Circuit Courts
- U.S. Court of Claims
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of New Mexico Disciplinary Board, Former Member
- State Bar of New Mexico Elder Law Section, Past President
- New Mexico Board of Bar Examiners, Former Member
- Second Judicial District Court ADR Committee, Former Member
- Commission on Professionalism, Former Member
- Reserve Officer's Association, Member
- Tulane Alumni Association, Member
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctor 1984
- Tulane University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude 1972
- Phi Beta Kappa -1972
- Phi Eta Sigma- 1969
- Omicron Delta Kappa - 1972
HONORS, AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- National Registry of Who’s Who, 2001